Friday, July 24, 2009

Email to 'Goodburger - home of the goodburger'



Dear Goodburger - home of the good burger,

I am from the Department of Redundancy Department. Our mission is to stamp out redundancies. We are presently engaged in a series of redundancy reducing efforts across many fields. These include the movie Kramer vs. Kramer, band Duran Duran, and Marc by Marc Jacobs.

It was recently brought to my attention that you have been trading under the name 'Goodburger- home of the goodburger'. Unfortunately, this name violates division (A) of section 959.13 of the Revised Code of Redundancies.

I must ask you to change your name or I will be forced to take legal action and you will of course be subjected to a large fine of $777,777.77 (per store).

If you have no other names up your sleeve I can offer you some suggestions. How about 'MacDonalds' (might be too close to McDonalds?!?), Burger Queen, Out-and-In burger? If these are not to your liking I am happy to sit down and brainstorm with you until we can come up with a name you are happy with. It is still important to me that you are happy with your new restaurant name.

Please advise me of your intentions.

If we do not hear back from you promptly we will have our lawyers contact you.

Kind regards,

Peggy Peggy Folder



Senior Partner

Department of Redundancy Department

No comments:

Post a Comment